Since 1984, Historic Ellicott City’s Show House Committee has worked tirelessly to seek out historic properties of interest and creates a project of worthy restoration to benefit the Howard County community.
Choosing our Next Show House
Our passion for preservation is best known by our annual Decorator Show House. Our accomplishments in restoration and fundraising have led to successful partnerships with property owners in restoring our county’s historic homes and preserving them for future generations.
Designers, artisans, and tradespeople of all aspects of construction, remodeling and decor, come together in the inspired project and transformation of the property.
Directions & Parking
Located approximately 20 miles from both the Baltimore and Washington beltways. Look for signs on Ed Warfield Road to direct you to entrance and parking
Designer Show House Requirements
- The property must be located in Howard County
- Exterior appeal that will attract visitors
- Adequate size to accommodate perhaps 100 visitors per day
- A floor plan that allows for a comfortable flow for visitors
- Adequate level parking for approx. 100 cars, preferably on the premises or safe off-street with safe ingress and egress to public roads
- Basement, barns or other outbuildings to accommodate vendors
- All utilities must be turned on with at least one working bathroom
- Homes in need of cosmetic not structural improvement
- We do not replace kitchens, baths or hardwood floors
- Homes that are or will be completely empty for the design work
- A home that will be vacated by owners July through late October
- The owner will be presented with a “design board” to review for each room