Spring Promise, along with four other log cabins, was built in Oella in the years immediately following the War of 1812. It was built to house workers at the Union Manufacturing Company, the first textile company chartered by the State of Maryland. In 1984 Oella finally got water and sewer, enabling restoration and development of the village to get underway. The simple log cabin was restored and fronts a magnificent addition with views of the Patapsco River Valley . The show house was held from October 6 to November 4. The chairman was Vera Leclercq.
HEC’s “Heritage Newsletters” Book has been Republished!
We are pleased to announce that the "Heritage Newsletters" book has been successfully republished...